January 31, 2006

Update on the apartment:

So you know that key i got? the one that was clearly not gold, even though it cost more than cocaine? the one right down there?

wrong one.

That's right- not only did i get a non-gold key for almost $3,000, it was
worthless to me. if you look really closely at the little sticker on the key, you can see that it has the letter "B", the letter "I" and a 3-digit number. that number is supposed to be a 103, but the helpful little man downtown, in his enthusiasm, grabbed the wrong key for me. actually, i definitely could have made my money back on the key, since it was for the apartment directly above mine. a little late-night tiptoe, a little trip to the pawn shop, and i'd have all that money back! stupid integrity...

So i had my dad call their office for me, and they confirmed that they
had given me the wrong key, but there was a key in the mailbox, which i now had the code to, and i was free to use that one in the interim. later that night, probably about nine, nelle and i went over to "break in" and have a look around- my first real look inside that particular apartment. we had been there for no more than 5 mintues when the doorbell rang. i was a little apprehensive, thinking perhaps that it was a member of the neighborhood watch informing us that they had called the police, but it was in fact a representative from the realtors office, and he had come by to get the wrong key from me, and to chitchat about the apartment a little. now, exactly how he knew that i was there, or what he was doing around there at 9:something pm, i am not certain. it did give credence to my long-standing suspicion that i live in a giant dome, everyone watches me on TV, and every interaction i have with people is scripted. seriously- how did he know i was there? how did he know that i would be there? creeeeeeepy.

in other news- my newest hottest hairstyle:

yes, i had just recently woken up, and no, i wasn't hungover.

No comments: